[asterisk-users] Asterisk Faxing Support

Savoy, Kevin - Williston, ND ksavoy at novo1.com
Mon Feb 5 08:11:10 MST 2007

I find this surprising. Is this fact? I don't see faxing disappearing
anytime soon. I'm surprised Asterisk/Digium would ignore it and not try
to support it. If people are to replace their old PBX's with Asterisk
faxing is almost always going to be required. We have an old POTS line
for faxing but it would be nice to get rid of it. For Asterisk/Digium to
drop supporting faxes seems odd and doesn't make good business sense. I
know a lot of people that will simply not give up faxing because of
legal documents. I believe it should be built in since every other PBX
system out there does it. If Asterisk/Digium are truly trying to
supplant legacy PBX's faxing should be included.

My two cents (a nickel with inflation)

I'm off my soap box for now.