[asterisk-users] 'h' extension and which one applies?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 07:29:47 MST 2007

Hi,

I have a problem understanding which 'h' (hangup) extension is used in
which case - It seems to vary depending on channel type. Assuming the
following simplified dialplan:

[macro-faxhere]
exten => s,1,rxfax(file)
exten => h,1,NoOp(Hangup in macro)

[fax]
exten => _X.,1,Macro(faxhere)
exten => h,1,NoOp(Hangup in fax context)

[direct]
exten => _X.,1,Goto(fax,${EXTEN},1)

[indirect]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(Local/123 at direct)

(Please note, the above config paraphrases a larger setup, so has not
been tested exactly as shown)

If a call arrives from a Zap channel into [direct], then I get "Hangup
in fax context", if a call arrives from a Zap channel into [indirect]
and creates the additional Local channel, then I get "Hangup in macro"

Is this behaviour intentional? Defined somewhere?

Thanks,
Steve