[asterisk-users] kewlstart disconnect threshold

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Sat Feb 3 17:19:13 MST 2007

Stephen Bosch wrote:
> The reason we have these complaints is not because Asterisk doesn't
> detect the drop -- it's because a great many telephone companies don't
> do remote party disconnect signalling, or they don't do it properly.
> When people call for technical assistance they usually end up talking
> with someone who has no idea what Calling Party Control or remote party
> disconnect actually is.
>
> Case in point:
>
> I am with Telus in Alberta, Canada. By default, the "loop drop" (it's
> actually a battery drop, as near as I can tell, but kewlstart will
> detect both) occurs after more than a minute. On some lines it doesn't

A minute is rather long. CPC when working should be almost immediate
(see Mark's kewlstart test). What happens if you change it to loopstart?
Does asterisk detect the drop?

My analog line with Singapore Starhub does a battery drop after about
90s (i can hear a short crackling sound), but it's not detectable (no
console message with verbose >6)  unless I set to kewlstart. Not even
with hanguponpolarityswitch=yes. So, I guess zaptel doesn't do anything
if you set signaling to loopstart.

The long and short of it, busydetect maybe the best solution to force
asterisk to hangup after the remote party hung up.

Leo