[asterisk-users] kewlstart disconnect threshold

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Fri Feb 2 17:06:27 MST 2007

>> Good question. Anyone knows if the TDM-400 actually detect loop drops?
>>

> Well, that's really what kewlstart (and loopstart) means. If it
> couldn't, then Asterisk wouldn't know that the call had been hung up,
> and hog the channel.

For loopstart lines, I don't think Asterisk detects loop drops. If it
does, we won't have lots of people complaining about asterisk not
hanging up when the remote party hangs up. a quick grep of the asterisk
source turns up only chan_vpb has any mention of loop drop, not in
chan_zap nor in the zaptel driver.

Leo