[asterisk-users] API Originate Action - distinguishing betweenNoAnswer and Invalid phone number

Brian K. Alexander, Jr. (Vision Point Systems) balexander at visionpointsystems.com
Fri Feb 2 12:06:58 MST 2007

I have been having a very similar problem. Has anyone here gotten a
DIALSTATUS for calls started with originate?

I did some research and saw some posts that local channels are the solution
to this problem. However, I could not find examples of how to use local
channels with originate. I could not get it to work. I posted a topic (Using
Local Channels with originate) to this list yesterday with the details about
what I had tried. Maybe you will see what I missed.

-Brian