[asterisk-users] CallerID Name not available.

Shivram u shivram.u at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 08:53:25 MST 2007

Hi,
  An incoming call is redirected to another number by our asterisk
server. In the incoming call the caller name is present but when
redirect the call, the end receiver is not able to see the callerid
name. The caller id number is visible.

our related changes to extensions conf is below.

exten => {MY_EXT},14,Set(CALLERID(name)=OH ${CALLERID(name)})<br>
exten => {MY_EXT},15,Dial(SIP/vitel-outbound/$[${MY_CONTACT}],30)

at 14 we try to present OH to the Caller Name. For eg "OH Shivram U".
(removing this line doesnt work too)at 14 we are able to see the
callerid name.
at 15 we route the call to our contact.

vitel-outbound is the service provider for the DIDs
MY_CONTACT would be the number we are trying to redirect to

The asterisk version we are using is 1.2.10. I tried passing the
option 'o' to the Dial command, but that doesnt work too.

Anything i'm missing out here.

Thanks in advance,
Shivram U