[asterisk-users] FreePBX/Debian Aborts Call While Connecting

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Fri Feb 2 08:21:02 MST 2007

	You're looking at only the logfiles, which don't reflect the problem at
the other side, the switch which sees the incoming request abort before
it can complete the connection, and before the 45s timeout. What you're
missing is my reports of that difference on either side of the network,
which I have mentioned in every message to this list, including the one
you counted.

	In any event, the problem is some kind of protocol handling bug, either
in the SIP server or the (SVN) version of Asterisk I'm using. I pointed
at a different (newer) SIP server at my same carrier, and have no
problem connecting. Though I was connecting OK to the old SIP server
with my old Asterisk version (1.2.12) before the "upgrade". I expect
that both the old SIP server and the SVN Asterisk version have bugs
which finally combine to abort improperly, and without proper failure
reporting by Asterisk.

	Thanks anyway for trying to help.

--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein