CallerID to FXS (RE: [asterisk-users] SendText() question)

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Feb 2 07:36:53 MST 2007

Leo Ann Boon wrote:
> Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
>>> Thanks for the heads up. On the other hand, there are devices that
>>> will treat everything as the number if you omit the quotes. So you'll
>>> get gibberish on the phone.
>>
>> I've never seen one.
> Tell that to my cheap analog caller id phone :) BTW, the sample
> zapata.conf in Asterisk also have the caller id names quoted. Maybe Mark
> can enlighten us :)

Since the telco never sends quotes on PSTN calls, I can't imagine how
this could be the case.  Remember, in most cases, quotes in Asterisk
config files are considered part of the value.  So if you did a
callerid="Robert Dobbs" <5556661212> and then did a Noop($CALLERIDNAME)
you would see ""Robert Dobbs"" on the Asterisk CLI.

Maybe 1.2 and later silently strip off the quotes.