[asterisk-users] Using Local Channels with Originate

Brian K. Alexander, Jr. (Vision Point Systems) balexander at visionpointsystems.com
Thu Feb 1 15:25:49 MST 2007

I have been trying to get a DIALSTATUS output from a call started with
originate. I searched a fair bit and have found several references to using
local channels to do this. However, I could not find enough of the specifics
to get it working myself.

What I need to do is dial a zap channel and run various scripts if the
channel is answered, busy, no-answer,etc.

Here is the dial plan I am using:

    [outdialer]

    exten => 100,1,Dial(ZAP/4/1234567)

    exten => 100,n,DeadAgi(notdeadyet.py)

    exten => 100,n,Hangup

     [dialerplan]

    exten => s,1,AGI(showstatus.py|${DIALSTATUS})

    exten => s,n,Hangup

Here are the manager commands I am using:

    Action: login

    Username: test

    Secret: nottelling

    Action: originate

    Channel: Local/100 at outdialer/n

    Context: dialerplan

    Extension: s

    Action: logoff

The notdeadyet.py script never runs. The ${DIALSTATUS} passed into
showstatus.py is empty. I don't understand what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help. I am stumped by this.'

-Brian