[asterisk-users] Dell Servers

Christophorus Laube bob at semanticedge.de
Thu Feb 1 14:12:28 MST 2007

We have a 2850 in a productive environment with a BNE1 performing well
(OpenSuSE 10) and a 2950 with BNE1 and BN8S0 also performing OK (on Ubuntu
Edgy). You only have to blacklist some hotplug kernel modules and yes, we do
have very long pings (1 ping per week with a check rate of 10min per SNMP).
But that does happen very rare and I never noticed any dropped calls or bad
audio quality. The 2850 is running on SCSI, the 2950 on an SAS RAID.
In general I like the Dell machines, also with asterisk on them. The only
thing is that Openmanage ist quite bad to install but that's nothing asterisk
specific but linux related.
Does that help?

best regards, Christophorus