[asterisk-users] Dell Servers

Eric Rousse eric.rousse at telmatik.com
Thu Feb 1 13:55:59 MST 2007

Hello,

Well we're planning either use some PRI lines or IP Trunk, where not
sure yet.
For the PRI lines we will probably use a Wildcard TE412P, so PCIe

For the IP Trunk, not sure yet I don't have a lot of info in that regards.

I'm also planning to put an extra server with some cards to connect to a
SAN with Fiber channel, not decided yet between
Fiber channel and Gigabit switch dedicated.

Anyway...

Matt Florell a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have installed Asterisk on several of them and there can be issues.
>
> Will you be installing a telco interface card on this server?(If so,
> which one)
>
> Will this server have PCI or PCIexpress expansion ports?
>
> MATT---
>

> On 2/1/07, Eric Rousse <eric.rousse at telmatik.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was planning on getting a Dell PowerEdge 2950 for our new Asterisk
>> configuration.
>> But while searching for documentation about it and/or reported issues, I
>> found this:
>>
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+hardware
>> WARNING - many Dell motherboards use the e1000 gigabit ethernet chipset,
>> which has been known to cause random locksup - if you plan on using a
>> Dell server, disable the onboard controller and purchase an addon
>> ethernet card.
>>
>> Does anyone has real experience ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --