[asterisk-users] Logging to /dev/ttyS0

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:23:06 MST 2007

> Hi, I have /dev/ttyS0 set up with a serial cable so a call centre system can
> pick up CallerID.  How can I redirect the log output of asterisk to
> /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/console?

I think you might be better off with a System() call in your dial plan such as:
System(echo ${CALLERIDNUM} > /dev/ttyS0)

That will send the callerID number followed by a new line. You can of
course change the format to your desire. Make sure /dev/ttyS0 is
writable by the asterisk user, and is also properly set up (baud rate,
bits, ...).

--Luki