CallerID to FXS (RE: [asterisk-users] SendText() question)

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 09:51:58 MST 2007

>From: Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>
>
>It needed BOTH the text callerid and numerid callerid to display
>the text form. Callerid: Some name < number>

Related to callerid: I can't get text ID to work in an analog phone on FXS.
I tried the above format, it simply displays the entire string in both
numeric and text field (i.e., displays the same string twice).  Tried a few
other ways, got varied results (some resulting in "Unknown").  Nothing can
get the analog phone to display name in text field and number in numeric
field.

I'm using TDM400, phone is 27935GE3-B, Zaptel 1.2.10, Asterisk 1.2.12.  On a
"normal" line, the phone displays name on one line and number on another.

Anyone sending caller ID to FXS?

Yuan Liu