[asterisk-users] Problem with Polycom Soundpoint IP 320 Hardphone

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Mon Dec 31 15:29:42 CST 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 21:13 +0000, Glenn Gillen wrote:
> I'm having some difficulty getting the Polycom hardphone to function
> correctly. Watching the logs and debug trace it:
>
> - Registers correctly
> - Is able to make calls to other peers
>
> However it is not able to answer calls made to it.

The first thing I'd do would be to capture a SIP trace of the call,
using either "sip set debug" from the Asterisk CLI, or a packet sniffer
such as tcpdump or Wireshark.  I'd also turn up the core verbosity at
the Asterisk CLI and look for clues that might be present there while
the call is being made.

---
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager