[asterisk-users] Polycom Digit Map

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Mon Dec 31 14:12:38 CST 2007

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Michael Munger wrote:
>
>> only connects me to a dial tone and says "Enter More Digits."
>>

> It actually says this?
>
> I would say then it's not the phone, but your phone system's
> programming.  The Polycoms don't verbally say anything, at least not the
> ones I deal with.
>
> Doug

No it doesn't SAY it -- the polycoms put on the screen "Enter more
digits".  I think it's when what you've dialed doesn't match an entry in
your digit map, or possibly when asterisk says that extension does not
match anything....

So try: 011XXXXXXXXXXT in your digit map, meaning "011 plus at least six
digits, consider it good"   because you can't know how long the string
will be in advance.  You want to allow for the smallest possible, which
I suspect would be a three digit country code, like in Tonga (676) --
and you want to allow for the longest possible, to account for stuff
like in Tajikistan:  992 37962 is BEFORE the local number, so you'd want
011+ at least 9 Xs following it 011XXXXXXXXXX -- Tricky!

**
Moj