[asterisk-users] Cirpack KeepAlive packets causing SIP errors

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Sat Dec 29 18:42:35 CST 2007

Quoting Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info>:

>> Sounds like a good idea, but I'm having trouble getting the source
>> code for Debian etch from xorcom.com to compile regardless.
>
> I have no idea.

I got it to compile. My mistake; I had attempted to modify chan_sip.c
directly. It then refused to compile, but it also continued to after I
had restored the original file, which threw me off. After a fresh
download it compiled without any problems. I'll have to see if I can
alter the code using quilt, as Tzafrir suggested, but otherwise I'll
just follow Hans' advice and drop the incoming packets with this
iptables rule:

    # drop Keep Alive packets from Cirpack SIP proxy xs4all
    /sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 5060 -m string --string
    "Cirpack KeepAlive Packet" --algo bm -j DROP

(Thanks, Hans!)

Cheers,

Jaap