[asterisk-users] Queue members, URI.

Chris Earle cearle at cbltech.ca
Fri Dec 28 11:24:22 CST 2007

Hi all,

sorry to rehash this - but I'm having similar issues.  I'm on Asterisk 1.0
and have been using Queues without any problems locally.  I mean, all the
SIP devices on my local server can be added to queues using AddQueueMember.
However, I now need to allow agents from other servers to log in to the
queue ....and I thought I could do this with IAX2/calleridnum or something
..but it doesn't work.  The only way I was able to get it to work was by
defining them as Local/<number>@context
But this has major drawbacks.  They are in the queue and can receive
calls -- but when the queue directs a call to them, it loses control over it
and calls are just transfered to the one agent and don't timeout ....the
caller in the queue isn't really in the queue anymore...

The reason it didn't work with IAX2 was that every time an agent logged in
... Add QueueMember would put them in as IAX2/iaxpeer/<random port> ...
because that's where they were connecting over at that very moment.  But the
queue is unable to locate them at that same port when an actual call comes
into the queue!  Since they are always moving around ports under the IAX2
protocol.

So using Local works cause it uses the dialplan's intelligence in locating
an extension on an iaxpeer -- but it's not really a channel like Zap or Sip
... so queue functionality is lost

So I'm revisiting this now --- is there any way to use IAX2 peers as queue
members?  Maybe I'm writing the URI's wrong....
Or is this something that has been fixed drasically in asterisk 1.2/1.4
anyone know?

Ideas/suggestions appreciated ...

--
Chris Earle