[asterisk-users] Grandtream Conference issue

Keshav K. kesh.keshav at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 02:29:06 CST 2007

Yes I'm aware of g711ulaw and PCMU......but I don't want to use this codec in Phones, as I'm using more then 10 IP phones in my network and going to increase it to connecting other remote offices,, and I don't want to increase the Bandwidth usage due to g711ulaw......

Keshav

Jared Smith <jsmith at digium.com> wrote: On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 01:32 -0800, Keshav K. wrote:
> When I'm initiating the conference at that time, IP phone is sending
> the G711ulaw for the conference call, while in my phone I've set the
> all codec option to PCMU only.

PCMU is another way of saying G711ulaw... they're the same codec.  It's
your basic 64kbps pulse-code modulated ulaw companded audio codec.  (For
more information on PCM audio and how it works, see the "Digital
Telephony" section of Asterisk: The Future of Telephony, downloadable at
http://www.asteriskdocs.org/ for free.)

---
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager