[asterisk-users] CDR

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Thu Dec 27 11:44:01 CST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 07:07 -0800, Grey Man wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> > .. I'll try to sort all this out, and then I'll attack
>  this
> > problem. Hopefully, I get it all into svn before the next release of
> > 1.4...!
>
> Just wondering if any new CDR functionality made it into the 1.4.16.2 release? I have looked through the ChangeLog for the 1.4.15 and 1.4.16.2 releases but didn't spot anything to do with changes in CDR handling.
>
> I for one still have big problems with CDR's for blind transfer and attended transfer calls.
>
> - For Blind Transfers the destination in the CDR ends up being the destination transferred to. This means you could ring a mobile and when finished blind transfer to a free number and get a free call.
>
> - For Attended Transfers it's all very confused. I get two CDR's both with the destination of the latest call in the transfer. I've got some users that have cottoned onto this and not only ring the low value destination second but then email in complaining about duplicate billing to try and get one of the CDR's refunded.
>
> On a separate note does anyone know how to block transfers on a SIP channel? I can block REFER requests from my SIP Proxy but I have to support some transfers so that's not an option.
>
> Regards,

Greyman--

No real new functionality in 1.4, except a cdr.conf option that lets you
control whether you see one-channel cdrs.

I haven't been working on CDR's the last few months in favor of other
projects that seem a little more urgent. Plus, I have some folks urging
me NOT to proceed until some architectural issues are discussed, which
might be wise. I have been working on one bug where I did make some
substantive changes to how the CDR's are generated, but it is almost
certain that these changes will only show up in trunk.

I've reached the limit of what I can do in 1.4; it is simply impossible
to do anything with CDR's in 1.4 without tearing the very fabric of time
and space, and just plain getting everybody upset... at least, those who
were not erased from existence by the tear... on a more serious note,
the changes are intrusive enough, the behavior changes big enough, that
they really don't qualify to be applied to a current release.

It's a huge job! My past work was just in the ZAP channel driver code,
and because it's so asynch, and all split up into different code, it's
really tough to get the right pieces in the right places at the right
time in the right way.

What this all says is that I'm most likely NOT doing it the right way.
And what worries me most is that there might not be any "right" way. But
I'm still new to this, and will get back around to it hopefully fairly
soon.

murf