[asterisk-users] Performance Issues Degradation After 6 Calls

broadband Voice broadbandvoice at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 03:28:11 CST 2007

I am using Asterisk and A2billing Calling Card Platform and after the 6th
call the quality starts to degrade. The way it set up is the user calls into
the system then dial out so I have 12 channels being used up but 6 active
calls. Here are my specs Asterisk SVN-branch-1.4-r79142 on a i686 running
Linux Fedora 6, Pentium 4 Hyper-Threading, 64 bit, 1GB of RAM, 80 GB Sata
Drive, bandwidth 4 Mbps (1300GB/Throughput) burstable to 100Mbps.

I am planning on upgrading to Intel Core 2 Duo with a clock speed of
1.8GHZand 2GB Ram. Does anyone have similar situation or advice?
Thanks.