[asterisk-users] SIP Conference phones

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Mon Dec 24 09:20:50 CST 2007

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 14:29:46 -0000, Chris Bagnall wrote:

>Greetings list,
>
>Does anyone have experience with SIP conference phones? I need to source a couple for a client, but I'm not really familiar with the market - i.e. what's available, what's decent quality, etc..
>
>A cursory googling has led me to the Polycom Soundpoint IP4000 at around the £450 mark - any thoughts on this?
>
>If anyone knows a good Polycom wholesaler in the UK, I'd be really grateful if you could fire me some contact details off-list, or post them to the -biz list (to avoid cluttering this non-biz list).

Can't help with the UK contacts, but the Polycom conference phones are
first rate. Very pricey, but high quality devices.

Dedicated conference speakerphones have huge advantages over using even
a good phone with a speakerphone feature. The directional positioning
of microphones and ability to add extra mics at the table ends can be a
huge improvement.

I've also used the Phoenix Audio Duet, which is a USB speakerphone
devie for use with a soft phone client. This was a very good
speakerphone device and only around $150. They have a version called
the Duet Executive that allows several to be connected to provide
coverage of a large board room. I see that they also have a new model
called a Quattro with further enhanced capabilities, including an
analog line interface. If cost is a factor I'd look at these as an
alternative.

Michael Graves
--
Michael Graves