[asterisk-users] Active Calls

Mindaugas Kezys mkezys at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 05:23:47 CST 2007

Happy Holidays!

When call starts and your billing script/application starts – enter info about call in DB, like:

datetime(call start), src, dst, RINGING, uniqueid

When dialing: Dial(whatever|M(answer_mark_macro))

Macro: answer_mark_macro will put updated info to same row in DB:

datetime(call answered), src, dst, ANSWERED, uniqueid

When call ends your billing script/application should delete record from DB for this call.

You can put TRANSFER info to DB also when transfer occurs. Also you can put any other info you find usefull about your call – codecs/phone model which is dialing and so on.

This method lets you retrieve call status info from DB without using AMI – thus not bothering Asterisk at all.

Regards,

Mindaugas Kezys

http://www.kolmisoft.com

MOR – Advanced Billing for Asterisk PBX