[asterisk-users] PXE-bootable diskless Asterix distro?

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Sun Dec 23 08:30:50 CST 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 09:06 +0100, Vincent wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 06:15:22 +0200, Tzafrir Cohen
> <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> >Yes. I have a version of our CD that boots from PXE. It took minor
> >changes and rebuilding as a "PXE image", as Debian Live has basic
> >support of that already.  For simplicity I figure you'll be after a
> >system that has everything in the initrd, but this is not the case here.
> >It mounts a network partition to do the rest. We use NFS. CIFS is also
> >supported.
>
> Since ultimately the whole system will have to run from the CF card,
> I'm looking for something that can be downloaded from a remote server
> through PXE, and then run entirely from RAM.

Hi Vincent,
Seems what you write is somehow misleading
A) the whole the have to run from CF.
Well fine, as long as the cf-disk is on-its-way, you can emulate it with
an usb-stick/pen-drive. No neet for PXE anyway..

B) I'm looking for something that can be downloaded from a remote server
through PXE, and then run entirely from RAM.
Also fine, but why are you then waiting for the CF?

is  this: http://www.automated.it/asterisk/ perhaps something for you?

hw