[asterisk-users] Send SIP 100 Trying instead of 183 Session Progress

Richard Revels rrevels at bandwidth.com
Sat Dec 22 07:18:45 CST 2007

You're right of course.  I should have dug into this a little deeper
and checked to see if it is corrected in the current release.  As is
so often the case, I was working on a real specific problem and once
the system started doing what I wanted it to I pretty much forgot
about it.

I won't drag this out but I do want to clarify one point.  This
scenario occurs when the call originates from the SIP side and is
destined for a number on the PRI side.  The PRI does the trunk setup
and then the SIP 183 is sent back to the originator before any further
call progress occurs on the PRI side.  This results in the SIP
originator seeing a "ring" and then a "busy" if the called party is
actually busy.  Not deadly (although the original poster seemed to
have some equipment that didn't like it) but certainly irritating.

Richard