[asterisk-users] ODBC Voicemail and performance....

Tony Plack Tony at plack.net
Fri Dec 21 17:29:30 CST 2007

>> So I would like to change this, just not sure where to look.  It
>> seems to me we only need to query this when we call the VM app or
>> a user enters the VM system.
>>
> Maybe the same code that calls the externnotify command (a custom
> post-exec script) could trigger the SIP notification beforehand. A
> nice event-based solution. :)
> Additionally it would have to be triggered whenever a user
> (/peer/phone, whatever) registers ... Did not really think it
> through.
>
> Regards,
> Philipp Kempgen

I was even thinking to just create a single
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM voicemail

with no parameters and store the value.  This way if something changed, you could at least then update the voicemail and notify the users without a event triggering it.

You could have this run ever minute or so (or less by configuration) but at least the SQL query would be singular and not for every WHERE clause available and improve the overall resources on the SQL and Asterisk boxes.