[asterisk-users] txfax not working with spandsp

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Fri Dec 21 04:41:04 CST 2007

the attached log with verbose=6 and debug=6 refers.

we've got a sangoma A104 (no hwec) with PRI ports 1 & 3 loopbacked to each
other. we're trying to have txfax send out on one of those pri ports with
rxfax listening on the other side, hence having asterisk send a fax to
itself. we however have bad, and i mean really bad (<10%) success rates.

we're currently using asterisk 1.2.24 with spandsp 0.0.4-20071214
(snapshot of 14/12/07) and we keep getting "Fax send not successful -
result (25) No response after sending a page." errors. ECM is turned on in
both app_txfax.c and app_rxfax.c.

from what we gather just reading the code, time T4 expires in txfax because
apparently rxfax is not sending a response back out, and thus after the
maximum message retries (3) txfax just drops the call, leading rxfax to
say that the call was dropped prematurely.

does anyone know what's going on here, and if there is a version of
spandsp which could work in this scenario ?

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/