[asterisk-users] OT: VoIP SLA for SIP trunking - SMEs

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:02:51 CST 2007

Hi guys,

I know that this could be considered a bit off the topic, I've just posted
this topic at VoIPSEC mailing list but I just thought this could be very
interesting for Asterisk community members so I'm posting it here too.

So the point is for traditional telephony we expect service availability of
99,999% and what about VoIP providers around the world what is currently
available?

I know that some operators are not owners of the infrastructure so this
becomes even harder to warranty the high level requirements that telephony
demands.

The best info and explanation I've found until now is: from bandwidth
at http://www.bandwidth.com/pdf/voip/bandwidth_voip_sla_062105.pdf

It would be interesting to discuss the recommend values needed and available
at SLA agreements:

Max Latency
Max Jitter
Max Packet Lost

Mean Time Between Failures
Mean Time To Repair

Mean Opinion Score at least 4 ?

Service Availability, this point as you probably are aware is very
important, what I just notice a few time a go is that the difference between
99,9% and 99,999% is big!

99,9%    ->  Max time for Outage during one month is 43,2 minutes ,
considering 30 days per month
99,999% ->  Max time for Outage during one month is 0,432 minutes

If any of you around the world is aware of  this values for VoIP SLAs I
would be thankful to exchange and discuss this info.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marco Mouta

--
Esta mensagem (incluindo quaisquer anexos) pode conter informação
confidencial para uso exclusivo do destinatário. Se não for o destinatário

This e-mail message is intended only for individual(s) to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
proprietary, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
you believe you have received this message in error, please advise the
sender by return e-mail and delete it from your mailbox. Thank you.