[asterisk-users] turn off auto-seek extention - force use timeout

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Dec 19 19:51:39 CST 2007

So I'm guessing this is what you're doing:
[ids]
exten => s,1,playback(enter your id number)
exten => s,2,WaitExten(10)
exten => s,3,Goto(1)

exten => 4768,1,blahblahblah
exten => 4790,1,blahblahblah
exten => 4732,1,blahblahblah

exten => i,1,playback(error)
exten => i,2,goto(s,1)
So, maybe place the phones in a context that waits for a four-digit id
_before_ matching it to the context you were initially trying:
[getid]
exten => s,1,playback(enter your id number)
exten => s,2,WaitExten(10)
exten => s,3,Goto(1)

exten => _4XXX,1,goto(ids,${exten},1)

[ids]
exten => 4768,1,blahblahblah
exten => 4790,1,blahblahblah
exten => 4732,1,blahblahblah

exten => i,1,playback(error)
exten => i,2,goto(getid,s,1)

Untested: I wonder if one entered an extension that didn't exist, say
4555, when we tried to Goto(ids, 4555, 1) would we get directed to
extension i in the extensions context or would the call be dropped
completely?

Moj