[asterisk-users] Asterisk/iaxclient IAX2 source port

Chris Tracy asterisk at adiemus.org
Wed Dec 19 12:49:03 CST 2007

> Why not let the softphones register to the closest asterisk
> box and use dundi to route the calls to the box where the
> softphone is registered ?

 	Not exactly sure how dundi would solve this issue.  How does a
softphone configured to connect to sitea.asterisk.server connect to
siteb.asterisk.server automagically when it's at siteb?  We can't just
configure the softphones to connect to "asterisk" because they also need to
work when the softphone is simply out in the world not at any site.

 	In the end, the system we have works quite well and we're not really
interested in the complexity of moving to dundi unless there's no other way or
a very compelling reason to do so.  (Glad it works well for you though)

 	The NAT issue is a serious one for us that really does seem to be an
oversight in the design/implementation of IAX2.  Surely there's a way to tell
asterisk to use an ephemeral source port for its outbound IAX2 connections...

 	Chris