[asterisk-users] Call Recording on Hanup

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:41:44 CST 2007

What makes you decide wehter or not you want to keep the recorded file? Is
the fact that the user hangup the call before the 30 seconds or the fact
that he really talked?

As far as I know current version of asterisk doesn't allow you to detect who
end up the call.

Of course you may use some tricks for these, I mean you may set the IVR to
record a bit more than 30 seconds, then when the call hangs up when you
reach the "h" extension in you diaplan you may check the answered time of
the call.

If your call has an answered time duration lower than 30 seconds, for sure
was the caller who hangup the call.

Hope it helps.