[asterisk-users] IAX for asterisk to asterisk

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Dec 19 11:18:54 CST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 19:53 +0500, Rizwan Hisham wrote:
> Hi,
> I am not new to asterisk but this is the first time im using iax
> protocol. I have always used sip before, but i have heard its better
> to use iax if i want communication between 2 asterisk servers.

A "no authority found" message found would indicate that you don't have
an IAX user setup properly on the box being called.

> I just registered asterisk server1 with asterisk server2 and tried to
> call server1 from 2 but the call does not pass thru.

Registration only tells server2 where to send calls to server1 -- it has
absolutely nothing to do with server2 *accepting* calls from server1.
For that to happen, you need a user section on server2 which server1
will authenticate against.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager