[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Dec 17 15:40:32 CST 2007

Olle E Johansson <oej at edvina.net> writes:

> But on the other hand, if people rely on third-party distributions
> we might want to set up some kind of peer pressure on the
> maintainers - and possibly identify them so we can support them and
> speed up their process.

Third-party distributions are very important, and Asterisk has
for various reasons done relatively badly there.

Fedora still doesn't have Asterisk, but does have CallWeaver. Asterisk
isn't even available in the most popular extra repositories, but only
in ATrpms, my least favourite of the larger repositories.

Hey, I just discovered
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/asterisk

Brilliant! I hope it gets in soon! It has a proper init script too,
and it's split in subpackages, and,
and...

Thanks a lot!

/Benny