[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Mon Dec 17 04:55:25 CST 2007

> I wonder if there are any major obstacles for upgrading.

My reasons for not moving to 1.4 :
- fear of possible instability problems, my 1.2 servers are rock solid
- fear of goofing up with the new way you have to configure asterisk
   at install time (tell it which modules to build or not build)
- no real new functionality i really, REALLY need

One feature that would immediately draw attention and would greatly
enhance upgrade enthusiasm for a new release would be better fax support.

chan_mobile looks nice, would be nifty to be able to use gsm phones, i
will probably look into that

Just my $0.02 :)