[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 03:45:56 CST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 11:57 AM, Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> I'm kind of interested in the slow uptake of Asterisk 1.4. Between 1.2
> - Not enough reasons to upgrade, since 1.2 really works well
> - Just a bad karma for 1.4

Hi Olle,

It's very simple in my case. I did the install very recently on our
company pbx. When asterisk runs, I get a segfault I was not able to
debug. It doesnt seem to happen in the same place in the startup each
time. If it was after a line that loaded some module, sure, but this
didn't seem to be the case. I have no time or knowledge to chase
issues like this, so I immediately went back to the latest 1.2.