[asterisk-users] Newbie question: how to proxy the *real* caller-id on find-me/follow-me

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sun Dec 16 18:41:36 CST 2007

Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Philipp Kempgen wrote:

>> Do you know of any GSM providers/contracts where "faking
>> for a valid reason" is possible?

> I can think of some...  in rural Idaho, cell coverage is sparse.  I
> might check my voice mail of my cell phone via a land line, and want to
> call back with a response originating from my cell number...  Also the
> case if I have my cell set to forward-on-busy to my land line, or if I'm
> hosting an "answering service", etc.

What I'm looking for is this scenario:
I call someone's cell phone number via my GSM gateway (to
save money). But I'd like to set my landline number as the
callerid (instead of one of the numbers of the GSM gateway
or no callerid).

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998