[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Sun Dec 16 14:54:17 CST 2007

At 11:12 AM 12/16/2007, you wrote:
>That is precisely what ARRAY() is designed to accomplish, and it
>CANNOT be done by letting Set have multiple key/value
> > >pairs.
> >
> > Whatever, but don't call it array(). I was so excited when I saw
> > there was a new function called array because some part of my dial
> > plan would be so much cleaner with arrays.
>
>I'm open to suggestions for another name.

Weird, I can't find it or any description of the syntax except what's
on voip-info. Core show function array claims array doesn't exist on
my version of 1.4 and "make menuselect" doesn't offer any obvious way
to get it installed.  Without that it's a bit hard to suggest another
name. If it's intended for use with database requests only, than a
prefix of DB and maybe a name of dbgetrow or dbputrow. And if it's
actually a front for some sort of a SQL request than maybe it should
be part of a set of SQLxxxxx commands.

  Maybe I'm wrong but in my life, array has always referred to an
indexable structure of some sort.

Ira