[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Dec 16 11:57:51 CST 2007

Mike wrote:
> The only reason I am not upgrading to 1.4 is because out-of-the-tar it just
> won't build on my Fedora Core 4 machine.
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9643

Umm... forgive me for jumping in here, but that bug is for a (now
unsupported) H.323 channel driver in asterisk-addons, with a very simple
Makefile fix (for those users where the channel driver does work), and
isn't actually part of Asterisk 1.4 at all.

In fact, the in-tree H.323 channel driver in Asterisk 1.4 is vastly
improved over the one in Asterisk 1.2 and most users are happy with it
and aren't using chan_ooh323c any longer.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies