[asterisk-users] chan_h323 compilation

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 15:07:25 CST 2007

Dear Kiven;

Actually it is default and not degault. Also, I was
doing the compilation remotely via the Putty. Another
thing, I did another senario and got another thing, as
below:

I copied /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib and then I
restarted asterisk, but when I come back to run it,
then it was giving error that "Segmentation error" or
"Segmentation fail", actually I did not remeber it
exactly, but was something related to segmentation.
Then, I moved to the site where Asterisk existed and I
decided to recompile h323 and then asterisk, when I
run the make and make opt at the server it self and
under the directory:
/usr/src/asterisk-1.4/channels/h323, it was take the
commands without error but does not give any text
output (messages), I do not know if that good
indication or not, then I compiled asterisk again, and
it worked fine.

Till now, I do not know why it was giving me "default"
and does not know how to know if chan_h323 is really
working or not, how can I test? Is it by establishing
h323 trunk?

Regards
Bilal

> cd /usr/src/asterisk-1.4/channels/h323
>
> When I type make, it gives me:
> make: Nothing to be done for 'degault'

This is *exactly* what showed up on your session? The
word 'degault'
does not appear in the Makefile at all, so if that is
the message that
you got then your source tree is corrupted.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies