[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

Alessio Focardi afoc at interconnessioni.it
Sat Dec 15 05:34:07 CST 2007

Hi,

> Friends in the Asterisk community,

> I'm kind of interested in the slow uptake of Asterisk 1.4. Between 1.2
> and 1.4 there's been a lot of
> important development. New code cleanups, optimization, new functions.

Just my 2 cents ....

I have more than 70 running servers installed with 1.2, we also
built our custom interface around it, our custom linux/asterisk distro
has been polished over the years and now finally we are earning the profit of
all the work we did in the past.

We just decided to open a new project with 1.4, but it will take us
more than one year, i think, to release the first usable version.

So, in the end, my opinion is that is just a matter of time.

Hope it helps, have a nice Christmas everyone!

--
I migliori saluti,                        Scrivi a:
 Alessio                                afoc at interconnessioni.it