[asterisk-users] ZRTP + asterisk and Best Security Practice

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Dec 15 04:46:27 CST 2007

14 dec 2007 kl. 11.20 skrev Andres Gomez:

> Hello List
>

> I am very interested in developing a research project on security
> protocol for VoIP, under the GPL.
>
> For some time I have been reviewing ZRTP, I would like to know the
> opinion having regard to whether and under asterisk, but I see that
> this closed implementations according am
> Http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10024

Work is still in progress and we hope to have something ready for
testing after new year's.

> Are Zphone and ZRTP the future for the Voip Security?

There's a lot of progress in other areas too. Also remember that
confidentiality of the media
stream is only one small piece of the larger VoIP security puzzle.
Even if the media is
encrypted by ZRTP, signalling might reveal information that you
consider private.

/O

---
* Olle E Johansson - oej at edvina.net
* Asterisk SIP masterclass, Stockholm, Sweden, Jan 2008
* http://edvina.net