[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Why no port to Windos?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Dec 14 17:41:09 CST 2007

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 06:01:49AM +0100, Vincent wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:50:28 +1000, thg at interoil.com wrote:
> >Erm, there just might be, take a look at this...:
>
> Ah yeah, forgot about $angoma ;-) I'll restate this as: No card for
> home/SOHO use, ie. in the $50-100 range for the single FXO port model.

The hardware is there. Not optimal, but then again, "you get what you
paid for":
many computers have a modem. This is the basic hardware needed for an
FXO adapter.

Writing decent drivers for it (for Zaptel or whatever channel driver) is
not trivial. Maybe even getting the specs for the hardware is not
trivial. But this is how the first FXO card for Asterisk was written.

Now you actually have drivers (of other OSes) for other hardware types.
So you basically have the specs. Thus if nobody writes this it probably
means nobody needs this bad enough.

(And please don't reply that *you* need it or that you know someone who
needs it. Reply by coming up with the drivers and proving all of us
nay-sayers wrong)

HTH

--
               Tzafrir Cohen