[asterisk-users] Asterisk to make multiple extensions simultaneous calls on a single telephone line

Vincent Li vincent.mc.li at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:24:01 CST 2007

Hi Lists,

I have one box with two FXO and two FXS ports, it is running asterisk
inside. I have one sinle POTS line connected to the one FXO and two
phone sets connected to the FXS port.

Extension 6003 is asigned to one fxs and 6004 is asigned to another
fxs, the two extensions can call each other, they can both
make/receive  PSTN call, but they can't make PSTN call simultaneously.
Is it achievble in Asterisk to let  them make PSTN call
simulataneously through one sinle POTS line?

I don't know anything about traditional PBX system, it seems one shop
can have one single phone number and mutiple extensions, then the
extensionss can make/receive PSTN call simultaneously, is this the
same senerio as the one single POTS line to FXO and multiple
extensions on FXSs?

Thanks for help.

Vincent