[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Why no port to Windos?

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Thu Dec 13 21:33:42 CST 2007

At 19:55 12/13/2007, Vincent wrote:
 >Hello
 >
 >I was wondering why there doesn't seem to a Windows version of Zaptel,
 >making the Digium and its clones unavailable for a Windows PBX.
 >
 >Is the Zaptel/Zapata combo too *nix-centric?
 >
 >Thanks.

Windows is a half-baked, dying OS that in essence is
a 32 bit extension and graphical shell, for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system, originally coded
for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit
company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Do you really want to reboot your telephone system
3 times a day?