[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.18 and Polycom phones notforwarding anymore - found the problem

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu Dec 13 20:50:31 CST 2007

Noah,

Turns out I found the problem, BUT I don't understand it exactly.  My phones
are on a LAN, and the PBX is on a different IP (Hosted PBX basically).

I had to open out port 5060 on my router (where the phones are).  The thing
is, conversations flowed perfectly (with multiple phones at a time) without
this specifically defined on the router.  But forwards didn`t.

Still clueless as to why, but I'm not in trouble anymore.

Regards, and thank you.

Mick