[asterisk-users] How do I do this?

Ade Vickers javickers at solutionengineers.com
Thu Dec 13 06:49:34 CST 2007

I have 2 asterisk servers - serverA and serverC - connected via IAX2.

On serverA, I have a "telemarketer hold" extension which, if I transfer a
caller into it, loops around playing music & "please wait" messages, until
they give up & hang up the phone.

Also on serverA, I have a custom devstate, which lights a lamp on a phone
connected to serverA, which tells me if someone is currently held in that
loop. When they hang up, the devstate is re-set & the lamp goes out.

On serverC, I have a similar devstate, and a couple of extensions - one to
turn the lamp on & one to turn it off.

What happens is this:

1) A call arrives @ Asterisk, and calls a phone on serverA, and a phone on
serverC.
2) I answer on serverC, determine it's a telemarketer, and transfer to the
"telemarketer hold" extension on serverA
3) The call enters the loop, and the devstate is set on serverA. As it
enters the loop, it calls the "turn on" extension on serverC, which sets the
serverC devstate, and hangs up with an "all extensions are busy" response.
4) The call, then, stays parked on serverA until the caller hangs up.
5) The "h" extension on serverA detects the hangup, and re-sets the serverA
devstate.
6) Simultaneously, it calls the "turn off" extension on serverC, which
re-sets the devstate & returns a "all extensions are busy" response.
7) serverA then hangs up the call 'officially' by calling Hangup()

Unfortunately: Step 6 doesn't do anything on serverC... you can see it being
executed on serverA, but the call never arrives at serverC.

I'm guessing this is because the caller has already hung up; so, in effect,
there's no call to transfer...

My question, then, is how to get Asterisk to generate a "new" call, to tell
serverC to switch off it's lamp?

Cheers,
Ade.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.