[asterisk-users] Strange ISDN-problem with incoming calls out of the same city

Stefan Guenther asterisk01 at in-put.de
Thu Dec 13 05:43:30 CST 2007

Hi,

Armin wrote:
 >How does your dialplan look like? If you have e.g.
 >  exten => _XXXX.,1,....
 >in the context for capi incoming calls, then asterisk (chan-capi)
 >accept these calls even if not all numbers are dialed (transmitted) >yet.

we found the reason for our problem, but not yet the solution, maybe you
  have an idea.

When we call the the asterisk from a mobile phone, the dialed number is
transfered in one block, so asterisk "sees" the whole number and
everything is fine.

When you use a "normal" phone, the digits you have dialed are often not
transfered in one block, but one after the other. If this transfer takes
too long, the isdn card/the driver/the capi doesn't get the whole number
and only transfers those digits that have already been receivec.

Is there a chance to tell the isdn card/the driver/the capi to wait longer?
BTW: Which component (capi/driver/card) sets this timeout?

Thanks for your help,

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther