[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA962 with SPA932 unexpected reboots

Marty Mastera marty at m3resources.com
Wed Dec 12 23:37:07 CST 2007

Paul,

Thanks for your response.  I saw the 5.2.2 firmware as well.  I might try it, but I was told that this issue was fixed many releases ago.  One other thought, I mentioned that the format of my 932 config is: fnc=blf+sd;sub=100 at 10.0.1.2 which I think is proper, but one somewhat abnormal thing is that I'm not using the 932's "slots" in order.  I have 1-16 configured, then 20-23 (because I was going in order of the extensions and we don't currently have extensions 17-19).  Maybe this gap in the configuration is causing problems?  Does anyone else out there have "gaps" in their 932 button usage?

Thanks,

marty

There is a 5.2.2 firmware available now, but the changelog for it isn't
helpful at all.

PaulH

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 11:22 -0700, Marty Mastera wrote:
> We are having an issue with the SPA962/932 combo where the phone and
> the sidecar will reboot unexpectedly – could be onhook, could be on a
> call, doesn’t seem to matter.  I read that certain early firmware
> revisions could cause this so I’m running what was a week ago the
> newest available (5.1.18).  A call to Linksys support suggested that I
> ensure that the phones are using a recent firmware version (there’s
> one newer release just a few days ago) and to disable provisioning via
> the web interface to see if that would help.  Any advice from users of
> this phone/sidecar out there?
>

> Details:
>

> -         SPA962 w/ v5.1.18 firmware and SPA932 sidecar
>
> -         The format of my SPA932 config is: fnc=blf
> +sd;sub=100 at 10.0.1.2
>
> -         Using trixbox with Asterisk 1.2.24
>

> I fully expected the newer firmware release that I’m using to prevent
> this based on user reports from prior firmware versions and I’m unsure
> of the validity of disabling provisioning since googling the issue
> didn’t produce any confirmation that anyone else has had to do this…
>

> Thanks
>

> marty

Checked by AVG Free Edition.