[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA962 with SPA932 unexpected reboots

Marty Mastera marty at m3resources.com
Wed Dec 12 12:22:07 CST 2007

We are having an issue with the SPA962/932 combo where the phone and the sidecar will reboot unexpectedly – could be onhook, could be on a call, doesn’t seem to matter.  I read that certain early firmware revisions could cause this so I’m running what was a week ago the newest available (5.1.18).  A call to Linksys support suggested that I ensure that the phones are using a recent firmware version (there’s one newer release just a few days ago) and to disable provisioning via the web interface to see if that would help.  Any advice from users of this phone/sidecar out there?

Details:

-          SPA962 w/ v5.1.18 firmware and SPA932 sidecar

-          The format of my SPA932 config is: fnc=blf+sd;sub=100 at 10.0.1.2

-          Using trixbox with Asterisk 1.2.24

I fully expected the newer firmware release that I’m using to prevent this based on user reports from prior firmware versions and I’m unsure of the validity of disabling provisioning since googling the issue didn’t produce any confirmation that anyone else has had to do this…

Thanks

marty

Checked by AVG Free Edition.