[asterisk-users] Call Quality Issues With 2 Trixbox's - RouterIssue?

Daniel Cole dcole at hcit.com.au
Tue Dec 11 22:54:41 CST 2007

The two boxes are labeled as per the town they are in: Leongatha and Korumburra.

The receptionist is in Korumburra.

When a call comes in off the PSTN in Leongatha, the first number in the call queue is the receptionist. If she answers it, then the media flow looks like this:

PSTN -> Leongatha -> IAX Trunk -> Korumburra -> Receptionist Phone

If she then transfers the call back to a Leongatha extension, the media path looks like this:

PSTN -> Leongatha -> IAX Trunk -> Korumburra ->  IAX Trunk -> Leongatha -> IP Phone

I believe that it is possible to stop this 'bouncing' of the call from happening by using the re-invite feature. However, taking the Trixbox's out of the media path is undesirable, as they client needs to be able to record calls. Also, doing this does not 'fix' the underlying problem.
They are also having some issues with outbound calls from Leongatha (over VoIP), and they are having no real issues at Korumburra.

Many Thanks,

Daniel Cole  (CCNA)

 P Please consider the environment before you print this e-mail or any attachments.