[asterisk-users] OT - Fax and anti-spam

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Dec 11 11:46:29 CST 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 06:23:29PM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of Asterisk features is fax2mail.
>
> As a good share of incoming faxes can be considered as advertising spam,
> does it make sense to use email anti-spam features to filter them ?
> I can't foresee any practical way to do so but I would be very curious to
> discuss about it.

A useful search phrase might be "image spam".

  http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=image+spam

Returns 10 hits. Maybe one or two of them will actually be useful.

There are also some details in the wikipedia article:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_spam

but it is focused on the HTML-mail aspects of the issue.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com